例5:What goalshave you set and how did you meet them? (你确定过什么目标,你又是怎样达到那些目标的?) 这一问题在考查你预先计划和以具体行动完成计划的能力。你可答: A:I now wish to enter an office wherethe work requires greater individual responsibility and judgment than here,and where there is more opportunityfor advancement. (目前,本人希望进入一家可以担负较大责任的公司,并希望能提供升迁机会。) 第三轮面试: 如果前面都很顺利,最后一轮面试一般就是和公司的总裁面对面了。外企的总裁一般是老外,当然面试就变成全英语的了。面试在求职过程中,可以说是压力最大的一个环节。而英语面试又是比较难的一环,第三轮当然是难上加难。总裁询问的问题一般会和公司精神、企业文化、个人品质、福利薪水有关。面对外国老板连珠炮似的提问,如果能回答得从容不迫、简明扼要,恰当中肯,合乎口味,那么肯定会大大增加你的录取机会。 例6:I:What provide you with a sense ofaccomplishment.(什么会让你有成就感?) A:Doing my best job for yourcompany.(为贵公司竭力效劳。) 例7:I:How do you handle your failure?(你怎样对待自己的失败?) A:None of us was born'perfect'.I amsure I will be given a second chance to correct my mistake. (我们大家生来都不是十全十美的,我相信我有第二个机会改正我的错误。) 例8:I:How do you normally handlecriticism?(你通常如何处理别人的批评?) A:Silence is golden.Just don‘t sayanything;otherwise thesituation could be come worse.I do,however,accept constructive criticism. (沉默是金。不必说什么,否则情况更糟,不过我会接受建设性的批评。) 例9:I:What is most important in your liferight now?(眼下你生活中最重要的是什么?) A:To get a job in my field is mostimportant to me.To secure employment hopefully with your company.I hope todemonstrate my ability and talents in my field adequately. (对我来说,能在这个领域找到工作是最重要的。希望能在贵公司任职对我来说最重要的。我希望能充分展示我在这个行业的能力和智慧。) 例10:I:How long would you like to staywith this company?(你会在本公司服务多久呢?) A:I will stay as long as I cancontinue to learn and to grow in my field. (只要我能在我的行业力继续学习和长进,我就会留在这里。) 例11:I:What range of pay-scale are youinterested in?(你喜欢那一种薪水层次标准?) A:Money is important,but the responsibility that goesalong with this job is what interests me th emost.(薪水固然重要,但这工作伴随而来的责任更吸引我。) 例12:I:Do you know what’s involved in aposition like this? (你知道我们这个职位是要付出很大的努力的吗?) A:Yes.I know exactlywhat’s involved.Iam a hardworker and will perform to the best of my ability.' (我完全明白你的意思。我工作也很努力,并且会尽力发挥我的力量。) 三、职位三个核心要素 职位能力素质(Competencies)是应聘者是否具备工作所需的基本能力素质和职业素养。如:所学知识、智能水平、工作经验、工作主动性、人际关系等,能力的培养是和真正不断地吸收新知识、新经验密不可分的,是人生的阅历和长者的传授相结合的。只有不断充实自己,才能赢在各个起跑点上。 衡量一个职位主要有三个核心要素,这是面试时最重要的采分点,占80~90%.这是企业为了实现其战略目标、获得成功,而对应聘者所具备的职业素养、能力和知识的综合要求。面试时,着重考察应聘者“怎样表现自己(How itis performed)”。 话题紧扣以下三方面来展现自己的优势: 1.专业技能(Professional Skill): 应聘者是否具备工作所需的专业技能。这是考核应聘者长期技术训练和知识积累的结果。面试时主要考察你是否适合这项工作。 例13:I:What make you think you would be asuccess in this position? (你如何知道你能胜任这份工作?) 这是考察你能力的最常见问题。首先要确定这个问题的重点在哪里。既然面试官提到“有什么资格”,你肯定要围绕“资格”来做文章: A:I graduated from Beijing Universityin 2003,and hold aBachelor of Science degree in Computer Science.Therefore,I have a firm knowledge backgroundin this field.My graduate school training combined with my internship shouldqualify me for this particular job.I am sure I will be successful. (我2003年毕业于北京大学,获计算机专业学士学位。所以在此领域我有很扎实的基本功。我在研究所的训练,加上实习工作,使我适合这份工作。我相信我能成功。) 例14:I:How do you rate yourself as aprofessional?(你如何评估自己是位专业人员呢?) A:With my strong academic background,I am capable and competent.I thinkyou run it needs am an like me. (凭借我良好的学术背景,我可以胜任自己的工作,而且我认为自己很有竞争力。我想,贵单位需要象我这样的人才。) 经你介绍自己的学历背景,面试官对你开始感兴趣了,因为你所学的东西正是他们所需要的。 2.工作成就,业绩(achievements) 外国公司面试喜欢用事实说话,为了证明你的能力,你可以把过去的经历联系起来,说明你曾经为以前的公司解决过跟现在雇主所面临的类似问题,最好用数字说话。 例15:I:Why do you think you are qualifiedfor this position? (你为何觉得你有资格做这个职位?) A:I have finished three new projects,and I am sure I can apply myexperience to this position. (我已经完成三个新项目,我相信我能将我的经验用在这份工作上。) 3.工作经验(working experience): 对口的经验是目前各用人单位特别重视的一点,考核应聘者是否做过空缺职位的相关工作,并积累了相关的经验,是否熟悉该项业务流程的运做,能否以最快的速度投入到工作中去,并带来新的思路和方法。主考官看到你的经验当然为你加分,所以,你下一步要谈出自己的工作经验: 例16:I:Do you think you are the rightperson for the job? (你认为你是这个职位的最佳人选吗?) 这时,你要给他一个最简单、最明确、最自信的答复,同时给出理由: A:Yes.Be cause I do believe that myqualifications and experience perfectly match what you are looking for.I havethe experience you are looking for,and think I will be one of the be stin this field. (是的。因为我确信我的素质和经验能够很好地满足贵公司的需要。我有贵公司所需要的东西,并且自信我能成为这个领域中最优秀的员工之一。 例17:I:Why do you think you are qualifiedfor this position? (你为何觉得你有资格做这个职位?) A:I have spent the last 3 yearsworking specially in this field.I think I can bring a lot of experience andknowledge with me.With my qualifications and experience,I feel I am hardworking,responsible and diligent in anyproject I undertake.Your organization could benefit from my analytical andinterpersonal skills. (我在这个领域内干过3年,我想我能将我的知识与经验带给贵公司。依我的资格和经验,我觉得我对所从事的每一个项目都很努力、负责、勤勉。我的分析能力和与人相处的技巧,对贵单位必有价值。) 用这样的句式,让面试人认为你是站在他们的立场上说话,在替他们的发展考虑问题,于是更容易接受你。当面试人在审视你究竟能不能胜任此职时,参照的标准已不再是他心目中的标准,而是你列举的理由。你有扎实的知识基础、有相关的经验、富有自信心及吃苦耐劳的品性。主考官不选择你,还能选择谁呢? 四、谈吐的3P原则 自我介绍时应该记住“3P原则”:Positive(自信),Personal(个性),Pertinent(中肯)。 1.信心(Confidence)代表着一个人在事业中的精神状态和把握工作的热忱以及对自己能力的正确认知。有了这样一份信心,工作起来就有热情有冲劲,可以勇往直前。谈吐自信,就是要积极地进行自我肯定,让面试人充分了解你的优点与潜能。所以回答要沉着、自信(Lacks confidence and poise),而不是心神不宁(is nervous andillatease)。 2.突出个性,就是要把自己与众不同的特点发挥出来,强调自己的专业与能力。自我介绍应简洁明了,给面试人留下思路清晰、反应快捷、逻辑性强的印象。时间不宜太长,最好控制在五分钟之内。不要一谈起自己就口若悬河,滔滔不绝,给人留下自我标榜、以自我为中心的印象。 3.语气中肯,就是要实事求是,不要言过其实,夸夸其谈,也不要涉及和自己无关的事情。 为了表达自己的诚意,某个问题发表完见解之后,可以附带加上一句: I‘d like to hear youropinion.(我很想听听你的意见。) 这句话表明了你对面试人的尊敬,很容易使他(她)产生亲切感。当面试人在试探你的应聘诚意时,应该及时表态: So far as that isc oncerned,you must have understood mydetermination. (谈到这里,你一定已经明白我的决心。) 五、三类肢体语言 1.BodyLanguage(肢体语言) Most interviewers greet theapplicant with a handshake.Make sure that your claspis firm.Being jittery aboutthe interview can resultin cold,clammy hands,which create anegative impression.Therefore,make sure yourhands are warmanddry.Before leaving,try to find out exactly what action will follow the interview andwhen it will happen.Shakehands as you say good-bye and thank the interviewerfor spending time with you. (面试的雇主大都会与应聘者握握手。要确保你的握手有力量。情绪紧张地来参加面试会使你伸出的手冰冷潮湿,会给雇主留下负面印象。所以,要让你的手温暖干燥。临走之前,争取问问面试后下一步该是什么,何时开始。道别时要握手感谢雇主花时间对你进行面试。) 要注意:Don’t shakehand with the interviewer until he/she extends his/herhand.(人家伸手时才握手。)Don’tsit down until invited to do so by the interviewer.(人家未请,先别坐下。) 2.Eye Contact(眼神的交流) Always maintain eye contactwith the interviewer.Makeeye-contact with the interviewer duringtheinterview.Show that you are confident by looking straight at the person. (和雇主要一直保持目光接触。面试时,眼睛要看着对方。直视对方说明你有自信。) 而不是Fails to look interviewer in the eye不敢正视。 3.Active Listener(做一个积极的聆听者) 面试时要Listen actively and stay calm.(注意听,保持冷静。)而对方的一举一动,虽然无言,却也可能有意。要善于察言观色,明察秋毫,比如,自己说得太多了就要注意一下是不是自己太罗嗦了,没有掌握好时间。主试人认为该结束面试时,往往会说以下这些暗示的话语,例: I‘m grateful for your concernabout the job at our company. 我很感激你对我们公司这项工作的关注。 Thank you for your concernabout our recruitment,We shall inform you as soon as we have made our decision. 谢谢你对我们招聘工作的关心。我们一做出决定就会立即通知你。 We have known something aboutyou.You know,we have tointerview several applicants we make our final decision. 你的情况我们已经了解了。你知道,在做出最后决定之前我们还要面试几位申请人。 六、面试的三个大忌: 第一个大忌: There is not prepared forinterview.(对面试无准备)。当面试官问到某个问题时说:Idon’tknowforsure.(我不确切知道。)或者显得Lacks planning for career;has no purpose or goals.(对自己的事业没有安排;没有目标和理想。) 第二个大忌: Is unwilling to start at thebottom;expects toomuch too soon.(不愿从基层干起;要求太多。)或者Overemphasizesmoney;isinterestedonlyinthebestdollaroffer.(只对最佳报酬感兴趣。) 第三个大忌: 不检点自己的一言一行,这些都可能引起别人的注意,影响自己的形象。例: Has a poor personal appearance.(衣着形象不佳。) Has limp,weak handshake.(握手时软弱无力。) Don’t talk with yourmouthfull.嘴里有食物,不可开口说话。 Don’t blow your nose or usethe tooth pick attable.不要擤鼻涕或用牙签剔牙。
外企面试常见问题
1.Working Experience
(1) Please introduce your working experience briefly.
(2) What contribution did you make to your previous organization/team?
2.Personality
(1) What's your greatest weakness?
(2) How would your friends or colleagues describe you?
3.Qualification
(1) Why do you feel you are qualified for this job?
(2) What makes you think you would be a success in this job?
4.Pay
(1) What kind of salary did you have in mind?
5.Others
(1) If hired, when could you start work?
(2) Do you have some questions about the position?
常见问题对答
Q: Can you sell yourself intwo minutes? Go for it.(你能在两分钟内自我推荐吗?大胆试试吧!)
A: With my qualificationsand experience, I feel I am hardworking, responsible and diligent in anyproject I undertake. Your organization could benefit from my analytical andinterpersonal skills.(依我的资格和经验,我觉得我对所从事的每一个项目都很努力、负责、勤勉。我的分析能力和与人相处的技巧,对贵单位必有价值。)
Q:Give me a summary of your current jobdescription. (对你目前的工作,能否做个概括的说明。)
A:I have been working as a computer programmerfor five years. To be specific, I do system analysis, trouble shooting andprovide software support. (我干了五年的电脑程序员。具体地说,我做系统分析,解决问题以及软件供应方面的支持。)
Q:Why did you leave yourlast job?(你为什么离职呢?)
A: Well, I am hoping to get an offer of a betterposition. If opportunity knocks, I will take it.(我希望能获得一份更好的工作,如果机会来临,我会抓住。)
A:I feel I have reached the"glass ceiling" in my current job. / I feel there is no opportunityfor advancement. (我觉得目前的工作,已经达到顶峰,即没有升迁机会。)
Q:How do you rate yourself as a professional?(你如何评估自己是位专业人员呢?)
A: With my strong academic background, I amcapable and competent. (凭借我良好的学术背景,我可以胜任自己的工作,而且我认为自己很有竞争力。)
A:With my teachingexperience, I am confident that I can relate to students very well. (依我的教学经验,我相信能与学生相处的很好。)
Q: What contribution did you make to yourcurrent (previous) organization?(你对目前/从前的工作单位有何贡献?)
A: I have finished three new projects, and I amsure I can apply my experience to this position.
(我已经完成三个新项目,我相信我能将我的经验用在这份工作上。)
Q:What do you think you are worth to us?(你怎么认为你对我们有价值呢?)
A:I feel I can make some positive contributionsto your company in the future. (我觉得我对贵公司能做些积极性的贡献。)
Q:What make you think you would be a success inthis position? (你如何知道你能胜任这份工作?)
A:My graduate schooltraining combined with my internship should qualify me for this particular job.I am sure I will be successful. (我在研究所的训练,加上实习工作,使我适合这份工作。我相信我能成功。)
Q:Are you a multi-tasked individual?(你是一位可以同时承担数项工作的人吗?) or Do you work wellunder stress or pressure?(你能承受工作上的压力吗?)
A:Yes, I think so.
A:The trait is needed in my current(or previous) position and I know I can handle it well. (这种特点就是我目前(先前)工作所需要的,我知道我能应付自如。)
英语面试常见问题(2)
Q:What is your strongest trait(s)?(你个性上最大的特点是什么?)
A:Helpfulness and caring.(乐于助人和关心他人。)
A:Adaptability and sense ofhumor.(适应能力和幽默感。)
A:Cheerfulness andfriendliness.(乐观和友爱。)
Q: How would your friendsor colleagues describe you?(你的朋友或同事怎样形容你?)
A: (pause a few seconds) (稍等几秒钟再答,表示慎重考虑。) They say Mr. Chen is an honest, hardworking and responsibleman who deeply cares for his family and friends. (他们说陈先生是位诚实、工作努力,负责任的人,他对家庭和朋友都很关心。)
A:They say Mr. Chen is a friendly, sensitive,caring and determined person. (他们说陈先生是位很友好、敏感、关心他人和有决心的人。)
Q:What personality traits do you admire?(你欣赏哪种性格的人?)
A: (I admire a person who is)honest, flexible and easy-going. (诚实、不死板而且容易相处的人。)
A: (I like) people who possess the "cando" spirit. (有"实际行动"的人。)
Q:What leadership qualities did you develop asan administrative personnel?(作为行政人员,你有什么样的领导才能?)
A:I feel that learning how to motivate peopleand to work together as a team will be the major goal of my leadership. (我觉得学习如何把人们的积极性调动起来,以及如何配合协同的团队精神,是我行政工作的主要目标。)
A:I have refined my management style by using anopen-door policy. (我以开放式的政策,改进我的行政管理方式。)
Q:How do you normally handle criticism?(你通常如何处理别人的批评?)
A:Silence is golden. Just don't say anything;otherwise the situation could become worse. I do, however, accept constructivecriticism. (沉默是金。不必说什么,否则情况更糟,不过我会接受建设性的批评。)
A:When we cool off, we will discuss it later. (我会等大家冷静下来再讨论。)
Q: What do you find frustrating in a worksituation?(在工作中,什么事令你不高兴?)
A: Sometimes, the narrow-minded people make mefrustrated. (胸襟狭窄的人,有时使我泄气。)
A:Minds that are not receptive to new ideas. (不能接受新思想的那些取。)
Q:How do you handle your conflict with yourcolleagues in your work? (你如何处理与同事在工作中的意见不和?)
A:I will try to present my ideas in a more clearand civilized manner in order to get my points across. (我要以更清楚文明的方式,提出我的看法,使对方了解我的观点。)
Q:How do you handle your failure?(你怎样对待自己的失败?)
A:None of us was born "perfect". I amsure I will be given a second chance to correct my mistake.(我们大家生来都不是十全十美的,我相信我有第二个机会改正我的错误。) |